The gemstone, which is now called the Hope Diamond, was formed deep within the Earth more than 1 billion years ago! It was originally used as one of the decorations of an Indian temple idol. But one day a Hindu priest decided it was far too beautiful and valuable to leave there and plucked it out. He was severely punished, of course, but the Hope Diamond was already out of the temple.
“The King’s jewel,” “The blue of France” – these are some nicknames for the most mysterious and seemingly dangerous gem in history. The selected few who were “lucky” enough to possess the famous Hope Diamond died horrific deaths. But in the beginning, nobody could foresee the trouble…
From a temple to King 0:23
Evil curse: what happened to King Louis XIV 1:25
The diamond gets to England 2:37
… and changes owners all the time 3:23
Tragedies of McLean family 4:48
Where is the diamond now? 6:16
How many people it “killed” 7:27
#hopediamond #largestdiamonds #gemstones
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– Some say that Tavernier stole the diamond from the previous owner, while others are sure he bought it. Rumor also has it that Tavernier had a serious raging fever not long after he got the marvelous Hope Diamond.
– The Hope Diamond curse got to King Louis XIV as well – he died suffering of gangrene. Moreover, all but one of his children didn’t make it passed their childhood, though it wasn’t that uncommon those days.
– Both Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette were executed by guillotine during the French revolution. The Hope Diamond was stolen from the Royal Storehouse shortly after.
– A couple of years passed and the diamond was suddenly discovered in England. Well how did it get there? Several sources confirmed that it was actually owned by King George IV of the United Kingdom.
– Evalyn Walsh McLean absolutely adored the Hope Diamond and wore it almost every single day. But the happiness didn’t last long. First, Evalyn’s mother-in-law died. Then her 9-year-old son was in a car accident, and didn’t make it. This broke her and her husband so much that he actually left for another woman and later died in a mental hospital.
– Now the Hope Diamond weighs a little bit over 45 carats, still has its deep greyish-blue color, and even produces a dangerous red glow if you decide to expose it to short-wave ultraviolet light.
– Despite the diamond’s rich history, there are still heated debates as to whether it’s actually cursed or not. Some people are sure that all the legends about the jewel’s cursed origins were simply created to boost its popularity.
– In 1911, the New York Times came out with a whole list of the diamond’s supposed “victims.” The list consisted of about 14 people who died tragic deaths not long after possessing or even holding the Hope Diamond.
Berhenti MEROKOK, anda membahayakan diri sendiri dan diri orang sekeliling anda. Jangan bahayakan kesihatan diri dan ahli keluarga anda.
Sentiasa Maafkan Semua Orang Dalam Hidup Kita. Untuk Kita Hidup Aman Damai Sebelum Mati.
Kepada peniaga yang ingin MENGIKLANKAN PRODUK / JENAMA / SYARIKAT melalui video di panggung wayang di Malaysia, hubungi kami dengan KLIK LOGO WHATSAPP DI PENJURU KANAN DI TELEFON BIMBIT ANDA
Kepada pengguna telefon bimbit yang ingin membayar bil telefon bimbit atau menambah kredit panggilan telefon bimbit prabayar,
hubungi kami dengan KLIK LOGO WHATSAPP DI PENJURU KANAN DI TELEFON BIMBIT ANDA TERIMA KASIH.
JOHORTIMES MENYEDIAKAN PELUANG WHATSAPP ADMIN SEPANJANG ANDA MELAYARI JOHORTIMES.MY
PELUANG UNTUK MENGHANTAR #ADUANRAKYAT JUGA BOLEH MENGGUNAKAN KAEDAH WHATSAPP YANG SAMA. TERIMA KASIH KERANA SUDI MEMBACA AYAT-AYAT INI DAN MELAYARI PEMBERITAAN YANG DISEDIAKAN.
Please Subscribe to JohorTimes Youtube – https://goo.gl/4jWv8X
#Dadah #Rasuah #Bomba #DailyNews #JohorDarulTa’zim #JohorSemasa #JohorTimes #Malaysia #MaritimMalaysia #Pelancongan #Polis #Sukan #SultanJohor #Tentera #TunDrMahathir #Viral